It’s summer time, and you know what that means! It’s camping season! Camping is one of the best things about the summer months. Warm days, cool night air, stars, roasted food over a campfire, hiking, and sleeping in a tent or an awesome trailer…what’s not to love??
Camping can also be a huge undertaking. If you are not a seasoned camper, going for your first time can be overwhelming. So what do us humans do when things are overwhelming? Find hacks to make our lives easier of course!
We found an awesome Buzzfeed article on great camping hacks, but we thought we would share our favourites with you. Check them out!
- Use foam floor mats in your tent for a comfier sleeping situation. Sleeping on the ground is great and all…and you might use an air matress, but you constantly have to keep blowing it up… So try those cheap, colourful floor mats you can get at stores like Canadian Tire! They go together super easily, and really cheap, and there’s no problem in throwing them out if they get ruined.
- Familiarize yourself with your surroundings. It seems simple enough, but really do your research before you go. What kind of animals will be out? What do the poisonous leaves look like? What kind of bugs should you expect? Get to know your area’s flora and fauna!
- Use an empty laundry detergent container for a hand-washing station. You will be able to access the water easily, and it won’t get too messy. Sounds like a good hack to us!
- Do some research for cool foods to make over the fire! Of course, Pinterest is your best friend for this. You can find just about anything on there, and chances are they might not look as pretty as they do in the pictures, but they sure as hell will taste amazing!
- Things you didn’t know: Doritos make great kindling! If you can’t find any, or yours got rained on, throw some Doritos in. Who knew, right?
This is just the tip of the iceberg here, my friends. If you want more great hacks, check out Buzzfeed’s article here!